After my two tutorials about Mac and Windows, I have been getting plenty of emails ask for installing Clash of Clans on Linux. Today is Sunday and new year is coming soon, I’ve decided to spend my weekend to complete this tutorial as a small gift for all you guys.
I am going to show you how to install and play Clash of Clans on Linux by using Genymotion without crashes. I have tested this application on both Ubuntu and Debian. Genymotion should work for all Linux distributions.
How to install and play Clash of Clans on Linux Tutorial
Firstly, you need to download all these things:
Follow these steps:
- Open your Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and type these commands (press Enter each line):
chmod +x genymotion-2.3.1_x64.bin
- Genymotion will be installed as shown in this screenshot:
- Press “y” to install it.
- Continue typing this command to run Genymotion:
- At Genymotion window, click Add to add new Android device:
- Choose any Android 4.3 device (Samsung S4 recommend) then click Next button to install it automatically.
- Click Run to Run your Android device:
- Just click simple Next buttons to install it as other Android devices.
- Drag and drop the Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip file which you have downloaded onto your Android device homescreen, then click OK:
- Drag and drop the ROM Toolbox Pro apk file which you have downloaded onto your home screen.
- Open ROM Toolbox Pro then choose Reboot to reboot your device.
- After rebooting, drag and drop the gapps-kk-20130813-signed.zip which you have downloaded onto your home screen then Click OK.
- Restart your device.
- You should find Google Play icon on your device menu now. Open it and search for Clash of Clans or other Android apps you like, then click Install.
- Your game should work smoothly now:
To play the Clash of Clans account on your current Android device on Genymotion, please read this tutorial. For moving your account from your iOS device to Android device, please read this one. Enjoy!