Lava Hound is one of the most dangerous beasts in Clash of Clans. Lava Hounds fly, they have a lot of HP and they love Air Defenses. Upon death, they will be split into a lot of small flames (Lava Pup). Lava Pup is much weaker than Lava Hound.
Clash of Clans Lava Hound Summary
- Lava Hound is like a Golem but they were born form fire and they can fly. You can unlock Lava Hound once you have Dark Barrack level 6.
- Lava Hound’s attack range is just 1 tile. It means it is melee troop.
- Their favorite target is Air Defense. They will bypass all other buildings until there isn’t AD in the battle. Air Defense is their life.
- Once all Air Defenses are down, they will attack other defensive buildings. Like all troops which prioritize defenses, Lava Hounds won’t change the target If the Clan troops come to attack them.
- After destroying all defenses, they will attack the nearest building to them.
- Upon death, Lava Hound does additional splash damage to all nearby buildings. After that, they will be split into small Lava Pups.
Some numbers about Lava Hound
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed|
|Air Defense||Ground and Air||30||45m||20||2s|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Lava Pups Spawned||HP||Training Cost|
Attack Strategies with Lava Hound
- Like Golems, they have a lot of HP. They are always used in battle as the tanker. And because they are air units, they are just only used for air raids for protecting Balloons, Dragons, Minions or even Healers from Air Defenses.
- Beware the single targeting Inferno Tower. It can kill your Lava quickly.
- Depends on the level of ADs, You should send them in pairs to soak up more damage and have a longer time for tanking. 2-4 Lava Hounds are enough for a battle. Don’t use them too many because they are not nukers.
- Sometimes, high level players use Lava Hounds to make the Giant-Healer strategy be stronger.
- All the strongest air attack strategies are used Lava Hound. You can read these guides for more details: LaBaGo Strategy, Lavanoonion,…
Defensive Strategies with Lava Hound
- Don’t place your Air Defenses stick together. Place Seeking Air Mines and Air Bombs next to your AD.
- Use at least one single-targeting Inferno Tower. If not, are are almost done.
- Lava Hound is not really good to use as a defensive troops because they can’t do a lots damage.
If you have any suggestions for this guide, please comment to improve it!