Truly, the Lightning + Earthquake (or ZapQuake) combo is not a new strategy but I know that there are still various players that haven’t heard about it yes, moreover it is pretty overpowered If can be used at Town Hall 8 so I’ve decided to talk about this today.
What is ZapQuake Strategy? How does it work?
The main idea is either dropping 2 Lightning Spells on 1, 2 or 3 Air Defenses to reduce their HP to under a decent %HP (based on the below table). After that, drop the Earthquake to rip them off. Of course the Earthquake Spell can cover all those Air Defenses (4×4 tiles).
|Spell Level||Cost||First Hit %|
Some notes for you before using ZapQuake
- Because of the Lightning Spell Patterns, this trick just works If the Air Defenses are placed either next to each other or in front of the Town Hall orientation. It also works If two ADs are in a line and have no more than 2 tiles distance.
- Practice couples of times before doing the real attack in Clan Wars!
- At Town Hall 10, Lightning Spell level 6 is good enough to do ZapQuake.
The chart below shows you the levels of 2 Lightning Spells you need to ravage each Air Defense level.
- You need 2x level 5 Lightning Spells and 1 level 3 Earthquake Spell in order to take down the level 7 Air Defenses at Town Hall 9.
- You can use 2x level 6 Lightning Spells + 1 level 1 Earthquake Spell to ravage the level 8 Air Defenses at Town Hall 10.
|Air Defense||HP||Earthquake Spell
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Level 1||800||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 3|
|Level 2||850||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 3|
|Level 3||900||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 3|
|Level 4||950||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 3|
|Level 5||1000||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 4|
|Level 6||1050||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5|
|Level 7||1110||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 5|
|Level 8||1170||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 5|
Below are some ideal bases that can be destroyed easily with ZapQuake:
Here is a great old video about Zapquake
I haven’t tried all AD placements with Zapquake yet. If you have any idea, please do a comment!