The Clan War matchmaking system in Clash of Clans bases the way it works on the data which is called “weight”. The total weight of all the villages which join the War of your Clan decides who will be your next competitor!
For example, Assuming that your Clan’s weight in this War is 5000 so the enemy Clan’s weight should be approximately 5000!
How to weigh your village in Clan Wars
The most accurate way
Click on the button below to download the Clash of Clans Weight Calculator by raptor217. Microsoft Office Excels is required to open this file. Otherwise, you can upload this file to Google Drive and start using it from there.
This sheet is extremely easy-to-use. Everything you want to do is just to enter the quantity of each kind of building you have. Here is a quick look for you:
Yes, just enter the quantity and that’s all, it will automatically calculate everything for you:
- Building Weight Total
- Trap Weight Total.
- Hero Weight Total
- Wall Weight Total
- Troop Weight Total
- Spell Weight Total
- March 5 2016 Update: I have just added some new data for the Dark Spells, the Eagle Artillery, the Air Sweeper and also updated the new data of Jump Spell, Healing Spell, Rage Spell, Lightning Spell, Air Defense, Inferno Tower, X-bow,…
- June 8 2016: Brand new version updated. Thanks raptor217 a lot for sharing this!
Fastest and easiest way
If you just observe a little more while playing Clash of Clans, you can notice that the amount of loot in your storages in the War base is totally different than the farming base. Somehow, I know that number correlates highly with the weigh of the base.
As you can see in two screenshots below, the two amount of loot of this base are totally different!
To weigh any base in Clan War, just sum the available of either Gold or Elixir from 4 Storages and the Town Hall, also plus 1000 from the Town Hall, you will have the weight of the base.
For example: The weight of my base in Clan Wars = Goldx4 + Gold(TH) + TH = 114227 x 4 + 114227 + 1000 = 572135.
- The weight of your Clan in War is the total weight of all joined members.
- If 4 Storages of a base don’t have the same level, just check every single one and combine them all.
- At Town Hall 9 and above, the Town Hall can be counted as the 5th Storage, so the formula will look like this: Goldx5 + 1000
By understanding the weigh of base in Wars and how the matchmaking system works, there are more and more players applying the Town Hall 8.5 and 9.5 trick to prevail in Clan Wars.