GoHogs or GoHo is definitely one of the best attack strategies for Town Hall 8 and Town Hall 9 in Clash of Clans. At the first attacks, maybe it’s pretty hard to control the whole army at the same time but trust me, it is pretty easy to use GoH and get the 3 star win!
The main idea of GoHogs is to use your Kill Squad (Golems, Wizards and Hero) to break inside the base then take out defensive buildings and Heroes as well as distract the outer defenses. By scouting before attacking, you can trigger the double Giant Bomb, which is nightmare for your Hog Rider attacks, and even the enemy Barbarian King, which can 1 hit your Hog when they are at low HP. After that, just send Hogs into the raid once your Barbarian King and Golems have finished the job.
- Super powerful at Town Hall 8 and 9.
- Double giant bombs are not really effective against GoHogs (at Town Hall 8).
- Quick attack, don’t need to care about time.
- It takes absolutely precision. Even a single Wall Breaker can ruin the attack.
- Deploying Hog Riders at the same time is not really easy. You need to practice using Hog Riders outside Clan Wars.
- Works bad against spread bases and bases with centralized defensive buildings.
GoHo Army Composition
There isn’t any perfect GoHog army composition for sure. Depending on the base you are going to attack, choose the best army for you! After a few attacks with this strategy, you will find it is not hard to choose your own army composition. Basically, get more Wizards If the Double Giant Bomb is placed deep inside the base.
The composition below is the one I usually use and it works pretty well with most bases.
21x 2x 6x 3x 5x
2x 1x 1x
Some idea to arrange the number of troops:
- Golems, Wizards: How far you want to go into the base?
- Giants: How many sides you want to attack?
- Wall Breakers: What is the level of those Walls? How many layer of walls?
- Babarians + Archers + Poison Spell: For dealing with the Clan troops.
GoHogs Attack Strategy Complete Guide
As i said, GoHogs works fine with most Town Hall 8 bases but it is still recommend that you should attack bases with low-leveled defenses, bases with key defenses not in the core, base with large compartments,…Here are some examples of bases which you can attack:
How to Scout?
I posted an in-depth guide about this before. You may want to take a look at here for more details.
Where should I start attacking?
Attack from the side which helps your Kill Squad:
- Take out Clan troops (If you don’t lure first). If the Clan Castle is on the opposite side of the possible Double Giant Bomb place (or Archer Queen place at Town Hall 9), lure them first then attack from the opposite side.
- Take out the enemy King (Optional).
Let’s start attacking with GoHogs!
Firstly, always try to lure the Clan troops. If you find it hard to lure them out, here are some suggestions for you:
- If you can reach the radius of Clan Castle from outside of the wall, drop 2 Giants to lure them out.
- If the radius of Clan Castle is inside the walls, use 2-5 hogs to take out 1-2 defensive buildings and the Clan troops will go out at the same time.
- If the radius of Clan Castle is inside the wall and the Air Defenses can’t cover the outer defenses, drop 2-5 Balloons to take out those defenses and lure CC troops out.
After luring, the next job is removing them from the map. The best way is pulling them to the side which you want to attack from. Deploy your Golem as a tanker, then drop your Wizards and the Poison Spell quickly to remove the Clan troops and create a funnel for your King to go into the base. Place the rest of your Barch and Wizards.
After dealing with all those Clan troops, your Wizards will create a proper funnel. Deploy your Wall Breakers at the area where the Wizards Towers and Mortars are not shooting your Golems. Once the walls have fallen, your Golems will go into the base. After this, send your King into the war. He can goes straight ahead into the base because of the funnel that you have created with Wizards. Use his skill If his health bar goes to yellow.
While your Golems and Barbarian King are getting hit by nearby defensive buildings, send 1-2 Giants to the area that they can soak up the most damage. While the Giants are taking damage, send 1-4 Hog Riders for every defensive building which is hitting the Giants. Once they are down, your Hogs will keep moving to another compartment. Repeat this step for all sides until they are all destroyed. It is a good idea do deploy your Hogs in a clockwise so they can be gathered together. Don’t forget to use your Healing Spells wisely.
How to heal your Hogs properly
I also posted another guide about using the Healing Spell properly for GoHo attacks, you will want to take a look at here.
Bump! Easy 3 stars for you Clan!
This is a video about GoHogs from Crimine Clash!
This guide is inspired from Reville. I hope with this detailed GoHogs Attack Strategy guide, you can bring a lot of more stars for your Clans and also improve your deploying skills in Clash of Clans. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask me!