Hi guys, today I’m gonna give you some advice to lead a Clan. As we all know, leading a Clan is not only very difficult job which requires passion but also a responsibility to keep everything safe and organized. Let’s start from the beginning of recruiting members to maintaining it. Thanks Templar of Soup for sharing this great guide!
Starting a clan
The more members your Clan has, the easier you can recruit members. Starting a Clan in Clash of Clans is such a difficult job If you don’t do it right from the beginning:
- Find a trusted friend to start your own Clan with.
- Choose an unique and interesting name for your Clan. It’s recommend to have an unique name that will catch people’s eyes. Also, a name which is related to a hobby, TV show,… would be great.
- Before promoting your members, It takes time to see their dedication.
- The Leader usually have to be a fairly high level Town Hall. Most new members won’t respect the Leader If they have higher TH levels. I recommend you to be at least Town Hall 9.
- The requirements of your Clan should be realistic and acceptable. If you want to have only TH9 and 10 members in your Clan, It will be better If you start recruiting Th7 and above members. It just takes them couples of months to hit Town Hall 9/10 and you will have enough time to get acquainted with them.
- Reddit clashofclansrecruit and CoCLand are 2 great ways that can help your Clan get started. Let’s show other players what they can get after joining your Clan! Also, Facebook Groups can be a great place for recruiting Clan members.
Kicking a member is not really. I can see in most cases the players who get kicked are very angry and usually want to get the revenge somehow, especially If you recruit members via Internet. These tips will show you how to clean your boots after kicking someone:
- To have a organized Clan and make kicking more efficient, your Clan has to have rules. I really hate If someone donates Goblins to my “Golem War” request with the excuse of “That’s fun man!”
- Always leave a polite message whenever you kick someone. If you leave an un-polite message, you may get lots of troubles in the future.
- Although kicking is your decision but you should discuss with your Co-Leaders and Elders about this first. Fellow leadership should respect each other.
Co-Leaders and Elders are people that you trust and believe that they will try their best to help you maintain the Clan by chatting with other members, guiding them and donating troops. If you are looking for help deciding If someone should be Elder or Co-Leader:
- Elder: Players who have good knowledge of Clash of Clans (you can see that via Clan Wars), have a decent donated troops, usually chat with fellow members and is willing to help the Clan in the long run.
- Co-Leader: Players who have been being Elder for a decent amount of time (3-6 months). After months, you can see their good decision skills of accepting and kicking members.
Maintaining a clan
As a Leader, you should:
- Set up a Clan War Schedule for your Clan and make sure it is followed.
- Keep thinking about the new ideas and events for your Clan. For example, it’s always very fun to have a event like “Movie Quote Sunday” where you quote a movie in the Clan chat and your friends try to guess the name of that movie. It’s also very fun If all members contribute money and buy $10 Giftcard for the member who has the most donated troops in a season.
- Creating and keeping a good image of the Leader is extremely important If you don’t want to be labeled as a bad Leader and have drama as well as the general decline in Clan.
Clan Wars are one of the most important parts in Clash of Clans. Clan Wars are highly recommend for all Clans to join. It’s always a fun way to test your clanmates and yourself, help each other and get loot. Even If yours is a farming Clan, it’s alway great to go for loot in Clan Wars.
Here are some sample schedule for lazy Clans:
- 3 Wars per Week: 1st War – Monday 3:00 PM; 2nd War – Wednesday 3:00 PM; 3rd War – Friday 3:00 PM.
- 2 Wars per Week: 1st War – Tuesday 3:00 PM; 2nd War – Friday 3:00 PM.
- 1 War per Week: Saturday 3:00 PM.
But normally have the War Schedule is not enough, you should always look over your Clan attacks in War and try to correct as well as help them improve their attacks.
There are lots of ways to organize your Wars such as Facebook, Skype, Whatsapp Group Chat,…
If you need advice or have questions, don’t hesitate to comment!